TRAVEL ADVICE FOR SOUTH AFRICA
Travel preparation is the key to hassle free trip to South Africa. By doing your homework before you leave for South Africa, you can minimize the chances of something going wrong. Thousands of travellers often regret for not taking these simple pre travel steps before travelling to South Africa.
Find the most up to date medical services available and travel health advice for South Africa from the table below. You will, also, find a broad range of information to help you prepare for a safe and enjoyable journey to South Africa and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for South Africa
Travel insurance tips for South Africa
Travel advice for South Africa
Travel Health Advice For South Africa
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for South Africa
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in South Africa and travel vaccination immunisation for southafrica are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in South Africa.
The travel health information for South Africa provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to South Africa for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for South Africa Travel Insurance
- Be sure that you know exactly what your travel insurance insures because they are not limitless. It might not protect you for cancellation or alteration to travel plans.
- Clear up any insurance policy issues straight with the insurer.
- Be sure that medical cover is suitable for probable expenses in South Africa. Be sure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Typically, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items which includes cameras, laptops and/or jewelry could have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Basic exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies like acts of civil unrest, self triggered personal injury, loss/theft of unwatched luggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance plans may be invalidated where injuries are experienced under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To South Africa
- Have a look at the most up-to-date travel advice for South Africa from any of the following sites: UK travel advice for South Africa, US State Department travel warnings for South Africa or Canadian government travel advice for South Africa.
- Purchase an appropriate travel insurance for South Africa to pay hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any sort of pursuits, for instance adventure sports, in which you wish to South Africa.
- In advance of travelling to South Africa register your travel and contact particulars on the net or at your local embassy or consulate as soon as you arrive in South Africa, so they are able get hold of you in an emergency.
- Observe the South African law. Consular assistance is not able to override local South African laws and regulations, even where local laws seem to be extreme or unfounded by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for South Africa or countries you are visiting or transiting. Keep in mind a South African visa doesn't guarantee entry into South Africa.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Keep one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
- Check with health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations or other precautions for South Africa and find out about South Africa laws on travelling with medicines.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while in South Africa.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the South Africa.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For South Africa
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. South Africa will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the South African embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
South African Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012